Skip to main content

Due to decreasing use over the years, I have decided to disable the forum functionality of the site.

Forums will still be available to view but new posts are no longer allowed.

2003 Welsh Section C mare - beautiful child's pony!

Foothills Fascinating Moment — Penrhyn Fascination (Sec D) x Youngs Precious Moment (Sec A) 2003 12.2 1/2 flaxen chestnut Welsh Section C mare $6,500 negotiable This is the pony you want for your child! The day “Fancy” arrived she was unloaded in front of my farm and was led for a short stretch down the road and into my driveway by a seven-year-old child with noisy gravel trucks going by and didn’t bat an eye or put a foot wrong. I was immediately impressed! Fancy will stand quietly on crossties for grooming and stands perfectly still for mounting by even a small child. She is just the right amount of forward under saddle — it doesn’t take much effort to ask her to go or whoa. She does not naturally travel with her head high and left to her own devices she pokes her nose out and trots with a fairly flat knee. She does have a big, forward trot so I would not recommend her for a total beginner but a child with a little riding under their belt should have no problem with her. She will go on either a loose rein or with contact and has experience both in arenas and on the trails. She willingly jumps fences with color and substance (i.e. wooden boxes) and does not rush. She will be attending a hunter schooling show at the end of May. I could see this pony competing on the Welsh circuit in Western or hunter or on the open circuit in just about anything -- Pony Club, eventing, dressage, hunters, etc. The kids can ride her now and later mom can teach her to drive. :) Photos coming soon when we get a little more winter hair out and a bloom on her coat. Next week maybe? For now here is a jumping still: [img]http://www.elijahpark.com/FANJUMP%20%282%29.jpg[/img]

Sara Mon, 05/17/2010 - 10:56

The only difference between C and D is height. C x C is usually C, D x D is usually D, but when you do C x D, C x A or D x A you register the foal in either C or D depending on how big it is. Anything up to 13.2 is a C, and over that is a D. You can also breed B to either C or D and get a C or D but it is not typically done.

Clear? :lol:

The only totally closed section is A. Only A x A can get you A. B can have either A or B blood. Neither A nor B can have any cob (C or D) blood.

Sara Tue, 05/18/2010 - 13:29

Oh, no, I don't need any more lesson ponies and she is very green. She is sweet and rideable by children but lesson ponies have to be solid on the cues in order to be able to teach those cues. ;)

One of the compliments I get on my program is that my ponies are actually TRAINED. I've had some kids come in to my program and have trouble riding my ponies even though they already have riding experience, because my ponies will wait until the cues are correct.

Sara Tue, 05/18/2010 - 16:09

Oh, now I have to respond to my own post again and explain that I say "she is very green" through the filter of a hunter rider. She is w/t/c under saddle, jumps small courses (trot in, canter out) and has had loads of trail riding as well.

Hunters get to do a year of baby green, a year of pre-green, then first year and second year green (although ponies only get one green year) so by the time a horse has to show in working hunters (no longer considered green) he has been showing for four solid years.

Then I have to laugh about ads that say they are selling a horse with less than a year of riding who is "finished" on the flat. Finished? What's that? I'm never finished with a horse.