Skip to main content

Due to decreasing use over the years, I have decided to disable the forum functionality of the site.

Forums will still be available to view but new posts are no longer allowed.

$40 DNA test Update - Should hear back soon!

So we sent in the mini hair on a Monday and by that Thursday we got a call saying they got it and are going to test this past week! So we should know soon. ACC - did you hear from them? Are they doing your test as well? I can't wait!

Adell Fri, 02/27/2009 - 20:52

I got all but two minis tested. The one is a 8-10 year old mini gelding the other is our Bay stallion. But on his papers his parents are Bay and Chestnut. He has no white at all. So I maybe shooting my own foot but I think he is a normal bay.

Now the ones I have tested all just say "pinto" on the papers. They all look Tobiano but you know how that is. One of them had a solid foal (gelding) and we think he is a silver black (he is also being tested). So in total we had 7 tested. One stallion, two 2008 foals, and 4 mares.

accphotography Sun, 03/08/2009 - 16:12

You have your results yet Adell? I'm shocked they'd be testing that fast, though they did tell me they waited until they had a big batch at once to process them so maybe that means I'll get mine when you get yours... which if they weren't pulling your leg should be soon. *crosses fingers*


Adell Mon, 03/09/2009 - 13:27

Nothing as of yet. But I am hoping soon... do you think they just say "soon" to everyone? :cry: I hope not. I had hoped to have the test back about two weeks after they called, that would be sometime this week.

accphotography Mon, 03/09/2009 - 16:39

Ok so I just got off the phone with them. They ARE processing the horse tests now so everyone who has submitted one should have the results sometimes this week. Apparently they already tested Lacy but there was a complication and they may have to rerun the test. When I asked what this was about they said "well she tested positive for LWO but she's listed on your form as a Quarter Horse". I told her we were told she WAS a Quarter Horse and that some QH DO carry LWO so we didn't know one way or the other. (FYI: I listed her parents as "unknown" on the form, so they should have known she was grade.) She said that was ok but that little fact screwed up their test so they might have to run it again. If they didn't she'd send the results to me (by email) soon and if they did I'd have it by the end of the week. I can NOT understand for the life of me why that minor little difference would cause them to have to retest. The blood is so intertwined surely they don't run a different set of tests depending on whether the horse is APHA or AQHA!? *scratches head*

So that's where we stand. :roll: